What are your hours?

  • Currently they are Monday to Friday. 8:00am to 4:00pm
  • Emergency number for after hours is 606-939-2753
  • Webb address is:


Where are you located?

  • 1606 Cannonsburg Road, Ashland, KY  41102. If coming from Ashland going towards  I-64, go to the next traffic light past the Super Wal-Mart.  (Super Quick on the right and Members Credit Union is on the left.)  Turn left onto Cannonsburg Road.  Continue past the side entrance for Wal-Mart for approximately two city blocks.  We are a one-story brick office building on the right with CANNONSBURG WATER DISTRICT out front by road.


How can I pay my bill?

¨      Payments may be made at office and also after hours there is a night depository.

¨      Bank Drafts may be set up at the office with no charge.

¨      Credit and Debit payments are accepted with a small charge.

I have no water, what is going on?

  • First you should confirm that nothing has gone wrong at your residence.  No leaks, line breaks on property, regulator has quit working, etc.
  • Check with your neighbors to see if they have service.
  • Call the Water District to report that service has been interrupted.


I need to sign up for service, what do I need to do?

  • If you have had service with the District recently, there is only a connection fee that will need to be taken care of at the office when you come in to sign up.  We will need to make a photocopy of your Current State Drivers License or State I.D.  There is a small amount of information needed from you that takes only a few minutes to complete.
  • You will be asked to sign the work order that gives us permission to put the account and meter into your name.  You will be responsible until such a time you notify our office in writing to remove you from that obligation.
  • There are required Security Deposits that are to be paid upon sign up.  These cannot be billed.  They include a water deposit, and a service fee.  A portion of this deposit will be returned after one year or if you should vacate the premises, whichever is first.  The service fee is not refundable.


I am building a new home, what do we need to get water hooked up?

  • The first thing required by law is to obtain a “CONSTRUCTION PLUMBING PERMIT”.  You need to go see the Plumbing Inspector, at the Boyd County Health Department to obtain the permit.  The inspector is only in the office for Boyd County on Monday and Thursday, from 8:00am – 9:30am & may be reached by phone at (606)-324-6530.  He is out in the field the duration of those days, and in other counties the rest of the week.
  • Once you have your PERMIT, you then come to our office and we will make a copy of the document and get the other pertinent information required to set a water tap on the property, collect the fee and schedule you for installation


A “boil water advisory” has been put into affect after a line break in my area, what do I need to do now?

  • Any time an “advisory” has been issued, that means we must notify our customers that a possibility for contamination exists and therefore you must be notified.  This is not to say the water is unsafe.  It just means that the possibility is there.  We notify our customers by several different methods:
    • Going personally to each door and handing you a information flyer, (in small areas)
    • Notifying the local television and radio stations along with the newspaper if area is large, in addition to our website
    • In some cases, by telephone.
  • The Kentucky Division of Water is notified.  Depending on service area affected restaurants/schools/health facilities, the Health Departments must be notified.
  • After repairs have been made, the lines are flushed and usually within 24-hours there are bacteriological samples taken of the affected area and transported immediately to the testing laboratory contracted by the District.  Tests are then ran according to strict government and state regulations.
  • An Advisory cannot be lifted until satisfactory results are received and the Division of Water has lifted the advisory.
  • When results are received and the tests are o.k. everyone is again notified that the advisory may then be lifted.
  • Records of all breaks, repairs, tests & results are maintained at the District office.